Whipping up this sensational pasta dinner is as easy as boiling water. Eggs, pasta, and an array of bright produce cook in a single pot for a meal that's sure to be a new summer classic.
- 2 large eggs, shells washed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound short, twisted pasta, such as fusilli
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna packed in olive oil, drained, oil reserved
- 2 large tomatoes, diced medium
- 1/3 cup pitted Nicoise olives
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
This dish is great served warm, room temperature, or even chilled, so it's perfect for a potluck or picnic.
In a large pot, bring eggs and 6 quarts water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove eggs and run under cold water. Peel eggs when cool enough to handle.
Salt water and return to a boil over high. Add pasta and potatoes and cook 3 minutes less than package instructions, then add green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain. Return to pot and add tuna, 1/3 cup reserved oil, tomatoes, olives, and vinegar. If necessary, add enough pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Slice eggs and scatter over pasta.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August July/August 2012