Thai Steak Stir-Fry
Crisp green beans and tender steak meet bold flavors in this speedy stir-fry. Simple, inexpensive ingredients make it an ideal weeknight meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2012
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound skirt steak, cut against the grain into thin strips
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add steak and cook, stirring, until browned, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer steak to a plate. Add green beans, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring, until green beans are crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Return beef and any juices to pan along with fish sauce and basil. Cook 1 minute. Serve with rice.