Tools and Materials
- Heart template
- Patterned paper
- Craft knife
- Sewing needle, from herrschners.com
- Embroidery floss, by DMC, from herrschners.com
- Heart-shaped craft punch, by EK Paper Shapers, createforless.com
- Craft glue
- Scallop scissors
- Card stock
Heartstrings Valentine's Day Card How-To
1. Print template; cut out.
2. Fold patterned paper in half, and align template with fold; trace, and cut out heart shape.
3. Position template on top of folded heart, and cut along lines of template using craft knife. Unfold heart.
4. Using sewing needle, thread a strand of embroidery floss through center of paper heart. Tape end of thread to back of heart. Make 2 small hearts with craft punch, brush backs with glue, and sandwich other end of thread between the hearts.
5. Using scallop scissors, cut a heart shape out of card stock that's slightly larger than the patterned-paper heart. Write your message in the center of the card stock heart. Using paintbrush and craft glue, brush only outer ring of patterned paper heart with glue, and adhere it to card stock.