Stitching on all the elements isn't difficult, but it takes a little patience.
Tools and Materials
- Lightweight gauzy linen, in Open Weave #10, graylinelinen.com
- Heavyweight linen, in Basket Weave #4, graylinelinen.com
- Embellishments, such as beads
- Digital camera
- Beading needle, sewing needle, and polyester thread
- Magna-Tac glue
- Two 20-inch ribbons for ties (Ribbon #148, in Gray #131, by Shindo; 212-868-9311)
Curios Cluster Necklace How-To
2. Starting with bigger items, arrange embellishments as desired on smaller linen crescent. When pleased with the placement, take photos to record the sequence. With the photos as a guide, use beading needle to stitch the larger pieces in place on the fabric. Next, layer in the smaller pieces, filling in crevices.
3. When all elements are stitched on, glue 1 ribbon to the back of each end of the fabric for ties. Glue plain, larger linen crescent to the adorned one as a backing. Let dry. Secure the base of the ribbon ties with a few stitches. Place completed piece, backing-side down, on a scratch-proof surface; use sewing needle to gently fray the edges of both fabrics for a softly fringed effect.