Tools and Materials
- Hand pruners
- Evergreen branches, such as noble fir
- 26-gauge floral wire, 26 gauge, Michaels stores
- Small wire cutters
- Star wreath form, mainewreathco.com
- Pearlized globe lights (optional)
- White craft glue
- 2 small bowls
- Clear microbead glitter
- Small paintbrush
- Wired glass balls, 25 mm and 35mm, from B&J Florist Supply, 212-564-6086
- Wooden floral picks
- Nail or hook
Star Wreath with Glitter-Dusted Pinecones and Baubles How-To
1. Cut branches into 4- to 6-inch-long pieces. Gather into thick bundles, and secure with floral wire. Attach 1 end of wire to form, a few inches below 1 of star's points. Lay greenery so it overhangs the point slightly, and wrap with wire halfway up bundle. Without cutting wire, lay down another wired bundle so that it overlaps the previous one. Wire to form until you reach the point where star's arms meet; cut wire. Repeat on remaining arms.
2. If you're using lights (suggested for indoor wreaths only), gather bulbs into small clusters and weave through wreath.
3. Pour glue into 1 bowl and glitter into another. With paintbrush, apply glue to glass balls and the tips of pinecones; spoon glitter over ornaments while still wet. Attach pick to each glass cluster and pinecone, and stick into wreath. Attach wire loop to back of form, and hang from nail or hook.