Potato Chip Cookies
Crunchy, chewy, buttery, salty, and sweet, these addictive treats satisfy every last corner of your palate.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 18
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 cups coarsely crushed salted potato chips (about 10 ounces), divided
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat together butter and sugars with a mixer on high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, and beat on medium speed until just combined.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in 2 cups potato chips and the nuts.
Roll dough into 2-inch balls, and then roll balls in remaining potato chips to coat. Place cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheet.