Flourless Chocolate-Macadamia Cookies
Intensely chocolaty--with a hint of salt from the macadamia nuts--these cookies are also gluten-free.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 14
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2012
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped salted macadamia nuts
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Add egg whites; stir until just incorporated.
Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto 2 parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake until cookie tops are dry and crackled, 22 to 25 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer baking sheets to wire racks; let cookies cool completely.