Carrot Salad with Parsley and Spring Onions
It is best to make this salad an hour ahead so the flavors come together.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks (4 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced spring onions or scallions (white and pale-green parts only)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon
Combine carrots, onions, and parsley in a large bowl; toss well.
Whisk together oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Let sit 1 hour.
Before serving, squeeze lemon over the top.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2012