Look no further than your kitchen pantry or medicine cabinet to take care of a pet emergency. However, you should always consult your vet first regarding your pet's situation and then he or she can suggest a home remedy for you to try. Depending on your pet's weight, your vet will determine what dosage you should give, then consult back with him or her in a couple days if the situation worsens or doesn't improve.
If your pet has gotten into something poisonous, hydrogen peroxide can induce vomiting. Give one teaspoon per five pounds of body weight; the process may be repeated once. Mineral oil and milk of magnesia can be used for toxin ingestion.