Under 30 Minutes
Pasta with Cilantro-Peanut Pesto
Don't waste cilantro stems; they're tender, fragrant, and edible, so you can use the entire bunch.
- 1 bunch cilantro, 1/4 cup leaves reserved for serving
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 3/4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 teaspoon light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound spaghetti or linguine, cooked according to package instructions
In a food processor, combine cilantro, garlic, ginger, vegetable and sesame oils, red-pepper flakes, lime zest and juice, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup peanuts. Pulse until a coarse paste forms. Season with soy sauce and pulse to combine. In a large bowl, toss pesto with pasta. Roughly chop remaining peanuts and sprinkle over pasta along with cilantro leaves.