- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, June 2012
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground dark turkey
- 3 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices sharp cheddar (8 ounces)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Toppings, such as mayonnaise, mustard, tomato, and lettuce (optional)
- Vegetable oil
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and saute until translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl and add turkey, breadcrumbs, mustard, and parsley. Gently mix until combined and form into 8 thin patties.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Season patties with salt and pepper, then brush with oil. Grill, covered, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side; during last minute of cooking, top each burger with cheese and cover grill. Serve burgers on buns with desired toppings.