Cucumbers with Lemon and Basil
Toss this quick, fresh, and healthy summer side together -- it's ideal for noshing alongside a juicy burger.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, June 2012
- 4 English cucumbers, quartered, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 1/4 cup juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, oil, lemon zest and juice, and basil; season with salt and pepper.