Herbed Ricotta Pasta with Corn and Zucchini
Zucchini and corn are the ideal summer vegetables, and play well with creamy ricotta and fresh herbs in this dish that's an easy weeknight meal that feels like a treat.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2012
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound short pasta, such as campanelle
- 1 3/4 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Reserved chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions; add corn and cook until tender, 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup pasta water, ricotta, and Parmesan. Add pasta mixture, zucchini, basil, and dill and toss to combine. Add more pasta water if necessary to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper and top with more basil and Parmesan.
Reuse, Recycle, Renew
This dish uses leftover grilled zucchini from Spice-Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Zucchini made earlier in the week for a meal that makes leftovers feel fresh.