Yogurt-Marinated Chicken with Watermelon Salad
Haven't ever had watermelon in a savory salad? It's surprising, refreshing, and so delicious.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2012
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (2 percent)
- 8 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, sliced
- 1 pound tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
In a large zip-top bag, combine yogurt, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside 1/2 cup and refrigerate until ready to serve (or up to 1 day). Add chicken to bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 8 hours (or up to 1 day).
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grill. Remove chicken from marinade, scraping off excess. Grill chicken, covered, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let rest, covered, 10 minutes. Let 2 breasts cool, then wrap in plastic and chill for Tomato Gazpacho with Chicken.
Meanwhile, whisk together oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Arrange watermelon and tomatoes on a platter, drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle with basil, then season with salt and pepper. Serve alongside chicken and yogurt sauce.