Tomato Gazpacho with Chicken
This easy, fresh gazpacho is sure to come to the rescue during those hot summer nights when you don't even want to think about your stove.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2012
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small piece stale bread, crust removed, torn (1/4 cup)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1 serrano chile, seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Reserved chicken breasts, shredded
In batches, in a blender, puree tomatoes, bread, and 4 tablespoons oil. Add cucumber, chile, garlic, and vinegar to taste; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to 2 days).
Divide soup among four bowls, top with chicken, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and serve.
Reuse, Recycle, Renew
This dish uses leftover grilled chicken from Yogurt-Marinated Chicken with Watermelon Salad made earlier in the week for a meal that makes leftovers feel fresh.