Under 30 Minutes
Tomato Gazpacho with Chicken
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small piece stale bread, crust removed, torn (1/4 cup)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1 serrano chile, seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Reserved chicken breasts
In batches, in a blender, puree tomatoes, bread, and 4 tablespoons oil. Add cucumber, chile, garlic, and vinegar to taste; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to 2 days).
Divide soup among four bowls, top with chicken, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and serve.