Grilled Broccoli Flatbread Pizzas
Serve up veggie-packed pizzas without rolling dough or even turning on the oven: Toss some flatbread on the grill, add your favorite produce picks, and dinner's ready.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), heads halved
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large naan
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
From the Bread Aisle
Any ready-made flatbread can be put to use as instant pizza crust -- try Indian naan, whole-grain pita, or flavored bread for a little extra zest.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium; clean and lightly oil hot grill. Brush broccoli halves with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, until lightly charred and tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, cut into florets, and discard stalks.
Working in batches if necessary, grill naan until undersides begin to char, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and immediately top with mozzarella, broccoli, Parmesan, and red-pepper flakes if using. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with basil and serve.