Round out this cool summer lunch with spears of cucumber and some fresh berries.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest plus 2 teaspoons juice
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced (optional)
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 small pita (4 inch), halved and split
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, and anchovy if using. Stir in chickpeas, parsley, capers, and shallot; season with salt and pepper. To serve, stuff pita halves with chickpea salad and arugula. Drizzle with oil if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2012