Made by removing some of the water from orange juice, frozen concentrate has been a freezer aisle staple for decades. This potent, tangy flavor booster makes a great glaze for meat and fish, a fast marinade or dressing, a refreshing frozen dessert, and much more. For best flavor, look for a brand with a "100 percent juice" label, which means it has no extra sugar or additives. Stock a few canisters of the fruity slush, so you can get orange flavor and vitamin C in minutes -- no squeezing required!
Bright Ideas: Five Fast Uses for OJ Concentrate
- Mix with tahini and toasted sesame oil for a tasty salad dressing.
- Stir into sliced carrots sauteed with grated ginger.
- Whisk with soy sauce to make a marinade for pork or other meat.
- Blend with strawberries and yogurt for a smoothie.
- Stir into whipped cream and serve over pound cake.
How to Use
Scoop out just what you need to thaw, then tightly cover remaining and freeze, up to 6 months.