Peas and Potatoes with Mint
When the season strikes, why not combine three types of peas and red potatoes for a summer side that sings.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2012
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shelled English peas
- 1/2 pound snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1/4 pound snow peas, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 2 teaspoons juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
In a medium pot, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water over high; reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes. Add peas and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 2 minutes; drain. Transfer to a bowl and toss with butter, lemon zest and juice, and mint; season with salt and pepper and serve warm.