Not for the faint of heart -- or tender of taste bud -- it's an anchovy lover's dream. Try with: any grilled food.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1/3 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2012
- 16 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper or red-chile flakes (optional)
Coarsely chop anchovies; combine with garlic and oil in a small skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until anchovies melt, stirring while cooking to crush anchovies into a paste.
Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.