Under 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion (from one small onion)
- 3/4 pound collard greens, tough stems and center ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 canned artichoke bottoms, drained (from 1 to 2 cans)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until soft, 7 to 8 minutes. Add collards and wine; cook, stirring occasionally, until collards are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add cream, and reduce heat. Simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
Toss artichokes with lemon juice and oil, and roast on a baking sheet until just beginning to brown, 7 to 9 minutes.
Poach eggs in 2 inches of gently simmering water until whites are just set and yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and blot with a paper towel.
Divide artichokes among 6 plates. Top with creamed collards and eggs. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2012