Add a juicy, fruity twist to this classic fudgy brownie recipe -- perfect for a school bake sale or as a pack-and-go picnic treat.
- Yield: Makes 16
Photography: Rob Tannenbaum
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2012
- 2/3 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Cran•Cherry® Cherry Cranberry Juice Drink
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides; set aside.
Place Craisins and Juice Drink in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook until Craisins are plumped. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine butter and chocolate and place over (but not touching) simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat and whisk in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add cocoa powder and salt; stir to combine. Fold in flour and mix until combined. Stir in Craisins mixture and pecans just to combine.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan and transfer to oven; bake until set and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with crumbs but is not wet, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing brownies from pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Brownies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.