Baked Polenta with Sausage and Artichoke Hearts
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tube (18 ounces) prepared polenta, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (optional), coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and stir in artichokes; season with salt and pepper.
In a 2-quart baking dish, layer polenta rounds and spoonfuls of sausage mixture. Pour stock over top and bake until bubbling and polenta is pale golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2012