Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Capers
The roasted cherry tomatoes break down just enough to coat the pasta.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, plus more for serving, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound short pasta, such as orecchiette
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes, capers, and oregano with oil and season with salt. Roast until tomatoes burst and begin to brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
Return pasta and 1/4 cup pasta water to pot and add tomato mixture. Cook over high until sauce is slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. If necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Serve sprinkled with oregano.