Pasta with Escarole and Shrimp
Yogurt and feta create a bright, tangy sauce for this Greek-inspired dish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound short pasta, such as campanelle or farfalle
- 1 large head escarole, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 7 ounces feta, crumbled (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 1 minute less than package instructions. Add escarole and cook 1 minute. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add shrimp, season with salt, and cook until opaque throughout, 4 minutes. Add pasta mixture and 1/4 cup pasta water and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in yogurt, feta, and dill. If necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper.