Under 30 Minutes
Pasta with Asparagus and Scrambled Eggs
Look for bright green stalks of asparagus with tight, firm tips and moist ends.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated (1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 1 minute less than package instructions. Add asparagus and cook 1 minute. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in pot over medium-high and add 1/4 cup pasta water. Add pasta mixture and Parmesan and cook, stirring, 1 minute. If necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta.
In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until just set. Divide pasta and eggs among four plates, top with ricotta, and season with salt and pepper.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2012