Pasta with Asparagus and Scrambled Eggs
Look for bright green stalks of asparagus with tight, firm tips and moist ends.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated (1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 1 minute less than package instructions. Add asparagus and cook 1 minute. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in pot over medium-high and add 1/4 cup pasta water. Add pasta mixture and Parmesan and cook, stirring, 1 minute. If necessary, add remaining pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta.
In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until just set. Divide pasta and eggs among four plates, top with ricotta, and season with salt and pepper.