Tuna, Chickpea, and Beet Salad
This is an easy and tasty twist on tuna salad, using a vinaigrette (no mayo) and adding beets and chickpeas for a more substantial supper.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 3 ounces baby spinach (3 cups)
- 1 package (about 8 ounces) cooked beets, quartered
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Crusty bread, toasted (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and oil. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing and stir remaining into tuna; season with salt and pepper.
Toss together romaine, spinach, beets, and chickpeas. Top with tuna and 1/4 cup dressing and serve with bread, if desired.