Sweetened Yogurt with Fruit
Instead of buying flavored yogurt, add your own sugar and vanilla. You'll save as much as 10 grams of sugar per serving.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- 2 apricots, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted and chopped
Toss together apricots, cherries, mint leaves, and 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand until fruit has released some juice, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Divide between 2 small bowls; top with fruit mixture and pistachios.