Edamame Falafel with Spicy Coriander Sauce
Tuck falafel into a pita with lettuce and tomato. Serve with coriander sauce for dipping.
- 1/2 pound dried chickpeas, soaked according to package instructions and drained
- 10 ounces frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a food processor, pulse chickpeas and edamame until roughly chopped. Add parsley, cumin, and 2 teaspoons salt; process until mixture is finely chopped and holds its shape when squeezed. Shape mixture into 20 balls.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. In a medium straight-sided or cast-iron skillet, heat 1 inch oil over medium-high. Fry falafel, turning occasionally, until deep golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer falafel to towels; season with salt.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, coriander, and cayenne. Season with salt and serve with falafel.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2012