Broiled Fish with Artichoke Salad
Look for fillets displayed on ice rather than in packages. They should smell like the ocean, not overly fishy.
- Servings: 1
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces sole or flounder (1 medium or 2 small fillets)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered, plus 2 teaspoons marinade
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced
- 2 teaspoons artichoke marinade
- 2 cups torn butter lettuce, such as Bibb or Boston
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Fold fish into thirds and place in center of sheet, seam side down; season with salt and pepper. Toss artichoke hearts with anchovy and scatter around fish. Broil until fish is opaque throughout, 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer fish to a plate. Toss artichoke mixture with marinade and lettuce and serve alongside fish.