Spicy Shrimp with Lime and Cilantro
This recipe comes from Jenny Rosenstrach, whose blog dedicated to family dinners, Dinner: A Love Story, has recently been turned into a book. Jenny's daughter Phoebe loves this seasoning mix so much that she has her own jar of it. Make a triple or quadruple batch, so you'll have some at the ready next time.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (or 1 teaspoon paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Chopped cilantro (optional), for serving
- Lime wedges (optional), for serving
- Toasted whole-wheat naan (optional), for serving
- Plain yogurt (optional), for serving
Combine salt, paprika, cumin, curry powder, cayenne, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over shrimp and toss to combine.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve shrimp with cilantro, lime wedges, naan, and yogurt.