The Ultimate Salad Mix with Carrot, Cucumber, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Make your own convenient salad blend: Use 4 cups here, then store the rest.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
For salad mix
- 1 head butter lettuce, such as Bibb or Boston, trimmed
- 1 head crisp, long-leaved lettuce, such as romaine, trimmed
- 1 head loose-leaved lettuce, such as red leaf, trimmed
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
For the balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Make salad mix: Wash and dry lettuces and arugula. Tear into bite-size pieces. To store, refrigerate salad mix, wrapped in paper towels, in a zip-top bag, up to 4 days.
To serve: Combine 4 cups salad mix, cucumber, and carrot; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine.
For the vinaigrette: whisk vinegar, mustard, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.