Under 30 Minutes
Broiled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple-Cucumber Salad
Quick-cooking chicken thighs are a great value and full of flavor. Just add a bright, cool salad.
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest, plus 3 tablespoons lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 pineapple, chopped (4 cups)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Chicken thighs are cheaper than breasts. When you spot a sale, buy extra and freeze them, wrapped, up to 9 months.
Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. Combine lime zest, chili powder, and 2 teaspoons salt. On a rimmed baking sheet, rub chicken all over with mixture. Turn skin side down.
Broil chicken 5 minutes. Flip and broil until skin is crisp and chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine lime juice, pineapple, cucumber, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with salad.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2012