Tools and Materials
- Fabric scissors
- Foam visor
- Matching thread
Petal Bib Necklace How-To
- Using sharp fabric scissors, cut out forty 1 1/2-inch circles from desired chiffon and fifteen 2-inch squares from desired tulle. Cut two 12-inch lengths of desired width and color ribbon.
- Remove connecting coil from foam visor and, using a needle with matching thread, sew one length of ribbon to each end.
- Fold sides of each chiffon circle to meet in the middle, creating a cone-shaped petal.
- Stitch the end point of each petal to foam visor, covering the top and bottom edges first before filling in the remaining space in the center.
- Fold each tulle square into an accordion pattern, then fold in half.
- Stitch folded end of tulle to visor, filling in the gaps between petals.
- Once complete, use lengths of ribbon to tie necklace into place.
Foam visors available at your local discount or dollar store. All other tools and materials available at your local fabric- or sewing-supply store.