Speedy Smoked-Salmon Crackers
Celebrate Derby Day with two winners -- these rosy-pink smoked-salmon canapes and a Lemon-and-Mint Julep, a classic drink with a twist.
- Servings: 6
Photography: Hector Sanchez
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 24 butter crackers
- 6 thinly sliced radishes
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
Stir together cheese, chives, and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, spread cheese mixture on crackers and top with radishes and smoked salmon.
Look for Neufchatel cheese next to the cream cheese. It has a similar flavor and texture but a third less fat.