Speedy Smoked-Salmon Crackers
Celebrate Derby Day with two winners -- these rosy-pink smoked-salmon canapes and a Lemon-and-Mint Julep, a classic drink with a twist.
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 24 butter crackers
- 6 thinly sliced radishes
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
Look for Neufchatel cheese next to the cream cheese. It has a similar flavor and texture but a third less fat.
Stir together cheese, chives, and horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, spread cheese mixture on crackers and top with radishes and smoked salmon.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2012