Create a sweet ice-cream-cone-shaped treat, which can hold hidden goodies, for a cute and practical baby-shower favor. This simple how-to comes from Renee Swartz, owner of Topsy Turvy Diaper Cake
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2012
Tools and Materials
- 9-inch square baby washcloths
- Large circle cutter
- Cone-pattern paper
- Double-sided tape
- Favor or candy
Baby Washcloth Favor Cone How-To:
- Lay two washcloths side by side on the diagonal with right sides facing down.
- Fold each washcloth in half and handpress fold to create a crease.
- Unfold washcloths and overlap the left corner of the right washcloth about 4 inches over the right corner of the left washcloth, being sure to line up the creases.
- Fold both washcloths down (toward you) in half, then fold both washcloths up (away from you) in half two more times to create a long strip of cloth.
- Turn strip so it is vertical with the right end at the top and the left end at the bottom.
- Fold and tuck surged edge at bottom end of strip and roll from bottom to top, allowing and overhang of 1/8 to 1/4 inch of the right fold as you roll.
- At the end of the roll, fold in and secure tail.
- To create cone, use large circle cutter to cut out a 9 1/2-inch-wide half-circle from cone pattern paper.
- Roll cone, sizing the opening to fit the bottom of the washcloth roll, and secure out edge with tape.
- Place a small strip of double-stick tape inside cone to hold washcloth roll in place.
- Fill cavity with small favor or candy as desired and place washcloth roll on top.
Large circle cutter available from Martha Stewart Crafts; Waffle cone printable paper available from Topsy Turvy Diaper Cake.