Home-Style Family Cooking
Get comforting family recipes for savory buttermilk-cheese waffles and classic tomato soup from chef Linton Hopkins of Restaurant Eugene in Atlanta. Then, brush up on your spring-cleaning techniques as Martha and Kevin Sharkey, editorial director of decorating, test our audience's homekeeping skills in a fun bed-making competition. Plus, how to properly fold a towel.
Expert Bed-Making Tips
1. Place your top sheet facedown, so that the right side is visible when folded over the top blanket.
2. Fold the end of the sheet at the foot of the bed firmly under the mattress and tuck the bottom edges in to make hospital corners.
3. Leave the sheet sides near to the pillows untucked, so you can get in and out of bed with ease.
GUESTS: Kevin Sharkey, executive editorial director of decorating, warm-up artiste Joey Kola, and audience members Erin Hughes, Tanea Bakare, Mary Stark, and Monica Stark.
Themed Herb-Garden Ideas
• Sal's Herb Garden: Cilantro, Dill, Nasturtium, Chervil, Red Sorrel, Mesclun mix
• Martha's Cocktail Garden: Coriander, Sweet Woodruff, Lemon Verbena, Caraway, Mint
• New Species to Try: Aussie Sweetie Basil, Barbecue Rosemary, Hot and Spicy Oregano
GUEST: Sal Gilbertie, owner of Gilbertie's Herb Gardens