Create beautiful, larger-than-life roses using painted paper with this how-to from artist Noel Solomon of Fanciful Designs.
Tools and Materials
- Two large (30-by-44-inch) sheets white paper
- Interior latex paint in eggshell
Oversize Paper Roses How-To:
- Paint two large sheets of paper with interior latex paint; let dry.
- To create center bud, tear an 8-by-30-inch scallop-like pattern so white paper underneath paint shows on edges. Place glue along straight side; roll paper to create bud.
- Make four 8-by-6-inch torn petal shapes and attach to bud.
- Make four 10-by-7-inch torn petal shapes; attach to outside of flower.
- Make six 14-by-10-inch torn petal shapes; attach to outside of flower.
- Curl petals gently to complete flower.
Martha Stewart Living Paint in Ballet Slipper Pink and Custard from The Home Depot.