Embellish a basic basket with pretty ribbon flowers for a colorful and affordable Easter display or gift that's perfect for filling with sweets and eggs.
Tools and Materials
- Bottles, jars, or cups with approximately 1 1/2-inch to 3-inch diameters
- Rickrack, 1/2 inch or larger in width, in a variety of colors
- Fabri-Tac fabric glue
- Easter basket
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Floral Styrofoam
- Utility knife
Rickrack Easter Basket How-To:
- Using a bottle, jar, or cup as a guide, trace and cut a 1 1/2-inch to 3-inch circle from felt.
- Starting from the outside edge, use fabric glue to attach the bottom of each rickrack zigzag to the circle of felt, gathering the rickrack as needed to match the curve. Spiral inward to build the flower; at the center, make a small loop of rickrack and glue in place. Trim excess.
- With straight pins, pin flowers in place on the basket until you are happy with the design. Use a hot-glue gun to attach flowers to basket. If desired, add decorative stripes of rickrack to the basket, or form a small length of green rickrack into a loop to make leaves.
- Use a utility knife to cut a piece of floral Styrofoam to fit the bottom of the basket. Place inside basket and cover with decorative Easter grass or excelsior. Insert large lollipops into Styrofoam; fill in with small items and candy. (Tip: For especially deep baskets, use two stacked pieces of Styrofoam.)
Lollipops and candy from Hammond's. Felt from Magic Cabin. All other tools and materials available at most crafts stores.