1 of 9
Inspired by "Big Bear," food editor Jennifer Aaronson's 2-year-old daughter's favorite stuffed animal, this ursine chocolate cake gets its soft and fuzzy look from icing piped on with a grass tip. With his chubby belly, constructed from a mound of cake, he's almost too cute to eat.
Watch the Bear Cake Video
3 of 9
Halve snout and belly pieces horizontally, discarding bottom halves.
4 of 9
Arrange pieces into a bear shape, trimming sharp edges off shoulders, ears, and paws.
6 of 9
Add a second smooth coat to snout, ears, and front paws. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a multi-opening grass tip (Ateco #233) with frosting.
7 of 9
Step 6Pipe fur on bear.
8 of 9
Step 7When piping fur, skip center of ears and front paws and entire snout, refilling bag as necessary.
You Just Viewed
Bear Cake How-ToReplay
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- Roast Chicken 101
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- Bedroom Organizers
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Embroidery Projects