1 of 8
Under the Sea
3 of 8
Discard scraps. Halve smallest fin piece and round eyeball piece horizontally, discarding bottom halves.
5 of 8
Coat eyeballs with untinted buttercream and the rest of cake with blue buttercream, rounding over the fin in the center of the body. Refrigerate until frosting is firm, about 30 minutes and up to overnight.
6 of 8
Add a second smooth coat of untinted buttercream to eyes. Layer more blue buttercream on fins and tail, creating grooves with a small offset spatula.
7 of 8
Add more food coloring to remaining buttercream to darken it. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a small curved petal tip (Ateco #61). Starting at the edge of tail, pipe scallops across the body, overlapping each scallop and each row.
8 of 8
Use 2 candy-coated sunflower seeds as pupils and 1 red gummy Life Savers candy, halved, as lips.
You Just Viewed
Fish Cake How-ToReplay
- Our Favorite Bathrooms
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Cocktail Party
- Bedroom Organizers
- Pet-Inspired Projects
- 12 Homekeeping Multitaskers
- Vegetarian Recipes for Entertaining
- 10 Ways to Get Creative with Candles
- Roast Chicken 101
- Fun Birthday Cake Designs: The Icing on a Perfect Party
- Healthy (but Fun!) Lunches for Kids
- How to Make Crepe-Paper Flowers
- What's for Dinner? 10 Budget Meals
- Embroidery Projects
- Double-Duty Dinners
- Editors' Picks: The Best of Decoupage