Display your Easter eggs in a beautiful handmade nest to enhance your festive decorations.
Tools and Materials
- Green cardstock
- Large circle cutter
- Craft knife
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Tissue-paper festooning
- Paper grass
- Decorated eggs
- Flower stickers
- Artificial bees and butterflies
Easter Nest How-To:
- To create bottom of nest, use large circle cutter to cut a 6-inch circle out of green cardstock. To create side strip, use a ruler and a craft knife to cut a 2-inch by 20-inch strip of the same green cardstock. (Tip: If you don't have 20-inch paper, piece together shorter strips with hot glue or tape until you have the correct length. To determine length of strip for a different sized circle bottom, multiply diameter of circle by pi (3.14), round up to the nearest whole number, and add an inch.)
- Attach side strip to bottom with five or six tabs of tape, carefully curving the strip as you go. Secure into place with a bead of hot glue applied around the inside bottom edge. Secure overlapping ends of side strip with tape or hot glue.
- Fold first 19 inches of a length of festooning in half lengthwise and use hot glue to attach to top rim of nest, with half on the outside edge of the nest and half on the inside edge.
- Continue attaching festooning around nest with hot glue, moving downwards around the outside of the nest, ending at the bottom.
- Fill nest with paper grass, arrange eggs, and add flower stickers, artificial bees and butterflies, and other embellishments as desired.
Festooning and German paper Easter grass available from D. Blumchen & Co. Large Circle Cutter, Dimensional Daisy Glossary Stickers, andDimensional Pink and Yellow Daisy Stickersavailable from Martha Stewart Crafts. Artificial bees available from Floral Trims. Artificial butterflies available from Jamali Garden Supply. All other tools and materials available at your local crafts supplies store.