Under 30 Minutes
This recipe makes just enough frosting for our bear cake.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound plus 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
Beat together cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth. Sift together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually beat sugar mixture into cream-cheese mixture, and beat until combined. Slowly pour in melted chocolate as you continue to beat. Add sour cream, and beat until smooth. Use immediately. Or refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days; bring to room temperature, and beat with a mixer on low speed until smooth before using.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May 2012