Spring Salad with Herbs, Radish, and Peas
Top this salad, from chef Bill Telepan of Telepan restaurant in New York City, with edible flowers for a pretty dinner-party presentation and extra flavor.
- Sea salt
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas
- 4 cups mixed fresh herb leaves such as mint, chervil, parsley, tarragon, bronze fennel, fennel fronds, or basil
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup mixed organic edible flowers, such as nasturtium, marigold, or borage
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, prepare an ice-water bath. Add peas to boiling water and cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to ice-water bath until chilled, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Place herbs, radishes, and peas in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and gently toss to combine. Divide evenly among 4 bowls and top with flowers. Serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, March 2012