Sauteed Spring Vegetables
- 2 leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups frozen peas (from two 10-ounce bags)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (5 cups)
Slice leeks into half-moons, then rinse thoroughly and pat dry. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add leek, season with salt and pepper, and cook until translucent, 6 minutes. Add peas and cook, stirring frequently, until bright green and warmed through, about 6 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.