The Man Show
Gather the men in your life for a special show dedicated to male essentials! Chef Emeril Lagasse shares his secrets to making the ultimate steak, get a primer on beer with Dogfish Head Brewery founder Sam Calagione, and advice on the perfect suit with Bob Mitchell. Plus, Martha catches up with Bake-Off finalist Keith Henn.
Saranac Adirondack Lager by F.X. Matt Brewing Company: golden color with amber hues; sweetness of the malt is balanced by the bitterness of the hops
Firestone Walker Brewing Company's Pale 31: a light drinkable ale with a touch of malt sweetness and a bold citrus aroma; pair with lightly spiced dishes, like a salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery's Burton Baton: a blend of citrus and woody, vanilla notes; recommended food pairings include toasted nuts, peanut sauce, and spicy foods
Hellsmoke Porter from the Blind Bat Brewery: A porter is a heavy, dark brown, strongly flavored beer due to the addition of roasted malt. The Hellsmoke Porter is brewed with malt that's been smoked over alder and applewood, and is balanced with bittersweet chocolate notes.
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery's Midas Touch: a sweet yet dry beer made with ingredients found in 2,700-year-old drinking vessels from the tomb of King Midas; recommended for those who like Chardonnay
For more information on the craft beer movement and beer and food pairings, visit CraftBeer.com.
GUEST: Sam Calagione, founder and president of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Rules for a Properly Fitted Suit
1. Tie width should be proportionate to the lapel width.
2. The shirt should be fitted (not baggy), and be in proportion to the jacket.
3. The jacket should barely hit the top of the thigh.
4. Jacket sleeves should end between the knuckle and thumb.
5. Suit buttons should sit at a man’s belly button. If the buttons are near the belt buckle, the stance is too low.
6. Opt for flat-front pants, which “kiss” the top of the shoe, creating a very small break.
7. Pant cuffs should be a minimum of 1 3/4 or 2 inches, depending on the man’s height. Lighter fabric suits often don’t have a cuff, while wool suits do.
8. Always wear a pocket square in the suit jacket.
GUEST: Bob Mitchell, co-president of Mitchells Stores