Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Chicken Paillards with Mint Salad
The high heat of a grill means that pounded breasts (paillards) cook in a flash and don't have time to dry out. You can buy thin cutlets, which are pricier, or flatten the chicken yourself, as we do here. (It's up to you whether to save time or money!)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons Lemon-Herb Dressing
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Slice each chicken breast almost in half horizontally, leaving one side attached. Open like a book. Place each breast between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet or small skillet. Heat a grill pan or grill to high; clean and lightly oil hot grill. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Slice chicken breasts in half, divide among four plates, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons dressing.
In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, mint, carrot, onion, and 3 tablespoons dressing; serve over chicken.
SourceEveryday Food, April 2012