Open-Faced Egg Sandwiches with Celery-and-Radish Salad
Make your vinaigrette and hard-cook your eggs in the morning. When you're ready for dinner, just toss the salad and assemble the sandwiches.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, April 2012
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Spring Herb Pesto
- 4 thick slices country-style bread, toasted
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto (optional)
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved (1/4 cup)
In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and oil. Add celery and radishes, toss, and season with salt and pepper.
Spread pesto on bread and top with prosciutto, if using, egg, and Parmesan. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with pepper, and serve with salad.