Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lentils
Green lentils are delicate in flavor and hold their shape during cooking. Brown lentils can be used instead.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, April 2012
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups roasted vegetables (reserved from Pork Loin with Carrots, Fennel, and Lemons)
- 8 cups arugula, trimmed
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a medium saucepan, bring lentils, garlic, and 2 cups water to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange roasted vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Arrange arugula on a platter and top with vegetables, lentils, and cheese. Drizzle with vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper.